Business data disasters come in many different forms:
Fires and floods and hurricanes oh my! Could your business survive a disaster? Join Cloud9 Real Time and learn how to put a business disaster recovery plan and cloud strategy in place and how it could save your business during a worst case scenario.
Local server crashes, hard drive failures, disgruntled employees and of course the all too unfortunate natural disasters. When the storm hits – how prepared is your business or practice? And what about your clients or customers?
Every company should have a Business Disaster Recovery Plan.
… – Here are the essentials to get you started:
1. Offsite backup of all business data. Tape backups are not reliable. Backups need to be regularly scheduled and automatic.
2. Know your business or accounting office functions. Being able to recognize what materials, procedures and equipment are essential to keep your business running is the first step to taking inventory of what needs to be recovered promptly.
3. Have a list of your employees phone numbers readily available. Have a person in charge of contacting accounting clients during a disaster, communication is key.
4. Create an accounting firm website that is password protected so employees can get information regarding plans after a disaster. Have someone in charge of entering and managing this information.
5. Have remote access accounting capability so employees can work anytime anywhere.
6. Internal messaging service within an ASP/SaaS/Cloud environment will help keep the accounting firm communication lines open and everyone on the same page.
7. Install anti-virus systems and keep them up to date. Firewall appliances are the first line of defense against unwelcome visitors to your CPA firm network.
8. Use strong passwords (6-8 characters with upper and lower case as well as numbers and symbols) to protect your client accounting data. Don’t share passwords + change them every 30 days.
9. If you don’t know from whom, what or where an e-mail came – don’t open it!
10. Create a checklist of responsibilities for your CPA practice employees to follow in time of emergency.
Cloud9 Real Time offers the e-Dashboard technology in a SSAE 16 Type II Data Center with a Business Disaster Recovery Plan System included for each user. Find out why Cloud9 is the #1 choice of accountants* for QuickBooks hosting and much more.
Incoming search terms:
- accounting department disaster recovery plan (1)
- disaster planning and an accountant (1)
- disaster recovery accounting plan (1)
- disaster recovery for accounting (1)
- disaster recovery for accounting area (1)
- disaster recovery plan accounting department (1)
- disaster recovery plan for a public accounting firm (1)
- disaster recovery plan for accounting department (1)
- disaster recovery plan for accounting firms (1)
- disaster recovery plan for company quickbook data (1)
- disaster recovery plans for cpas (1)
- Sample Disaster Plan in Accounting Department (1)